AHDB has secured funding to help 4,000 farmers and growers in England navigate the loss of direct payments and future proof their businesses. The serviced is funded by Defra, through the Future Farming Resilience Fund, and will be available until February 2022.
AHDB’s Farm Business Review service offers a combination of an online self-assessment tool, expert advice and peer support to help farm businesses prepare for the biggest agricultural policy shift in a generation. Designed for dairy, beef, sheep and cereals and oilseeds farmers who are most affected by the move away from direct payments, the online Farm Business Review tool includes:
- BPS Impact Calculator: How will BPS reductions impact your business?
- Business Resilience Assessment: Is your business fit and ready for the future?
- KPI Express Calculator: How well is your farm performing?
To help interpret, analyse and discuss the results each farmer will receive half a day’s support with a consultant. An action plan and next steps will be agreed, farmers will then be invited to a group feedback meeting to hear the latest information on policy changes and discuss options.
Based on the results of Farm Business Review those with the greatest need for additional support will be offered bespoke on-farm advice to support specific areas of their business, 200 of each of the following will be provided:
- Benchmarking - full calculation of cost of production at the enterprise level using AHDBs Farmbench tool with tailored report and benchmarks
- Business planning – in depth review of farm accounts and budgeting to support forward planning and succession
- Carbon audit - a carbon audit and plan of management options
To find out more: